From Weight-Loss to Running; Fitness Journey of a Busy Mama to 3

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

{5 by the 5th} #2/6

Here we are again, another fabulous virtual race complete!

February's {5 by the 5th} Virtual Race Series, hosted by Mommy Run Fast. January-June Challenge; Run a 5k or 5 miles by the 5th of each month.

I had another mama runner join me for the RAINY run, although we ended up at the gym. Hey, I logged in 1.66 miles in 9:02 while waiting for a treadmill but after an unhappy baby girl in playroom, we dared the light rainfall. Back outdoors we went. Awesome!! I took her through a familiar {favorite challenging} route of mine.

We started on the roadways, then the trail around the lakes,....and then I asked if she wanted more, more of a challenge. We hiked uphill, I pushed my double jogger, she had her single jogger. And, we came up on a back roadway, and started our running intervals! Boy, oh, boy, were my legs on FIRE!!! At this point, it was raining more, like we began can to get soaked. It's an awesome exhilarating feeling to run and I mean, run in the rain! Kiddos were content in the joggers and we got a fabulous workout in.

Finished strong; 3.20 miles in 1:07:13!!

No comments:

Post a Comment