From Weight-Loss to Running; Fitness Journey of a Busy Mama to 3

Thursday, March 7, 2013

{5 by the 5th} #3/6

Happy March y'all!
A new month means, another 5 by the 5th virtual race.
And, I went with a spontaneous 5k.

{Monday} I woke up to a pee on laundry room floor, crazy dog!! Uhmm, this wasn't exactly my idea of a great morning start. Ehhh, I got busy cleaning, and I mean cleaning! I didn't stop until I noticed sunshine and then got in contact with a friend, who said she'd be running. I loaded my girls in the double jogger and met up with her and another gal for a park playdate, which turned into my warm-up. The sun was shining, kids were playing/exploring and we were chatting.

We parted ways, and I decided to RUN {runch = lunch run} And, headed the opposite way, tackling an uphill route. We spotted a mama and baby deer along the way, snapped a photo. Whewww, pushing/running with the double jogger is a major challenge and I kept at it! We got a 5k done! Whoop! Whoop!

Finished Strong; 3.13 in 43:07!




{Tuesday} I planned a run with a new running mama, I got there a little early and after some stretching, started to run. We got a mile in before she showed up with her little one. We walked mostly, and stopped to let the kids play.

Finished strong; 3.34 miles in 1:04.


{Wednesday} active rest day! I got some yoga in with a little foam rolling. And craft store shopping, fabulous project underway!!

{Thursday} today, I decided to shake my legs up. Baby girl and I headed out to the trail, she was cranky!! We took on some hills, speed intervals, and fabulous gloomy weather! I walked along the wood trails, as they were slippery! I kept thinking, how much I'd miss my little monsters during Saturdays trip up north for the Lake Sammamish half marathon. At the same time, I was excited because they'd want to hear all about it!! Plus, my brother is coming into town the same day, so we get to celebrate that too! He recently, became a first time daddy to a precious baby girl. He's been on deployment, same as my husband. And, will be finally settling into shore duty, new family, new state, new duty station, new baby, new beginnings. I'm so proud and excited for him!! Our family is always growing, I'm the oldest of 10 siblings!!
I currently have 3 nephews and 5 nieces and then there's my 3 girls! Wow!

Back to the running; this was the last run before the half marathon this weekend! I might spin them out tomorrow.

Finished strong; 2.16 miles in 31:10!

No comments:

Post a Comment