From Weight-Loss to Running; Fitness Journey of a Busy Mama to 3

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Greetings from Texas!

 sunshine {cold front} overcast {surrounded by family} happy holidays y'all.

{Saturday Travels} After 7 hours of air time, 3 girls, 2 plans with a 2 hour layover, 1 exhausted mama. We made our way to Texas for Winter break and it has been CRAZY BUSY.

[airport arrival; mama survived!]

{Today} It’s currently Thursday, and we've got a house full; 3 little brothers (17, 10,7,) little sister (20), my 3 girls (6, 3, 1), 2 nieces (4, 3) and 1 nephew (6). We expect 2 more nieces (3, 4) later!! It's currently COLD & GLOOMY! I want my sunshine back, we want outdoor play.

[family time is the best time]

{confession time}
*I have not ran, at all. I have thought about lacing up my asics but instead, planted my booty on the couch and enjoyed every.single.second watching my girls interact with my family. I actually didplan on running later today [with awesome texas sunshine all around} but mybrother and his family were on their way. He took leave {vacation} time to spend the holidays with family. So, here’s to another fabulous family gathering. All but 2 nephews to complete the bunch. I’m one happy aunt/sister.

*I missed out on Sunday’s [santa hustle] half marathon, my sister bailed last minute. And, I was a little upset & annoyed but it wasn’t the end of the world. Awesome thing, more than a few of my family members, when greeting with hugs, asked how my race went. I was pretty amazed that they knew {via facebook} or heard from my mother in law {she doesn’t have fb}. And, they continued to ask,”well, when are you racking up miles?, we want the girls to come over.” They automatically knew I was going to run, NOT goout drinking or shopping. I sure was smiling. I have the {funD for the Run}Winter Wonderland 5k. This weekend, the #anywhere5k Run! Next week, {for the love of the kids} 5k and half marathon. And, then just running in between.

*I have been on all you can eat, home-cooking { tamales& soda pop} streak for 4 days! Today, it stopped; back to a normal eatingroutine for me, somewhat. I just snacked on an apple.

Leanna kept reminding everyone this, “the holiday season isn’t about toys, it isn’t about presents, it’s about family time.” My girl is totally right.

I hope y’all had a fabulous Christmas, filled with family!!

"Don't wait to for inspiration to find you; BECOME IT!!"

1 comment:

  1. The kids are so cute!
    I have barely ran as well..but hey, spending time with family is worth the break!
    I've ALSO been on a free-for-all with my diet and finally put an end to it today!

    I love your inspirational quotes, by the way!

    ReplyDelete