From Weight-Loss to Running; Fitness Journey of a Busy Mama to 3

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Hello, November!!

Here I go, here I go, here I go again....


Another Fabulous month ahead, and it's a busy one!! We got lots planned!! It's going to fly by, 2012 is almost overrrr!! Make things happen, do it BIG!! Get ir Done!

Running: I've got some miles to dedicate for the Memory Run, it's been hard to even give a number of miles.....

"Run The Gulf: 615 Miles" is well underway, today I logged in 3.11 [sweaty] miles in 36:22. The girls kept "content" in the playroom after our World Market, Starbucks, Barnes & Nobles Morning. They got new books, I got a new CD for the drive times. Win/Win!! It was rainy but it cleared up and the sun broke through on our walk home. Lunch, then naptime for the girls. And, I got bussaaayyyy!! 


Daily Challenge: I started the Plank a Day/Push Up Challenge right after I finished up today's Les Mills Pump Workout. I had not used the Push ups APP since February; Whoa, way too long!! 

BeachBody Programs: I'm on the last few weeks of Les Mills Pump (week 11-13).  My 2nd round, and whewww...it had its challenges, minimal squats and no lunges! Picked up the weights, to 30 lbs, feeling STRONG!! Biceps are popped out again, it's those pesky triceps that don't come easily. I've noticed my arms a bit more toned, but I want more definition. Always a work in progress. Always.......

BeachBody Programs:The other day BeachBody had an INSANE promotion for TURBOFIRE, only $53!!I actually took advantage. I had my eye on another [30 day] program, The Asylum!! But, I knew this was a killer program, with a few friends agreeing. I received an emailed yesterday, saying it's on it's way. AWESOME!! This will start immediately after I COMPLETE Les Mills Pump!



"TurboFire is the intense cardio conditioning program from fitness innovator Chalene Johnson. This 90-day weight loss and body slimming program will help you get leaner with exercises that can burn up to 9x more fat and calories than regular cardio does. To help you get started, TurboFire includes two low-impact workouts, plus the Fire Starter Class, which shows you the right form for each TurboFire move. And, with more than 20 smoking-hot remixes, the music will push you past your limits during all 14 workouts.
So forget the excuses. Forget the gym. Now the hottest fitness classes come to you."


Moms Run This Town: MRTT Holiday Challenge is still going on, you can check out all the fabulous prizes and more info at Pretty Little Loser, stay tuned for more details.

November 1 – 30 Once Through The Lips Challenge  Isn’t that the old adage? Once through the lips, forever on the hips? (and butt!) Well, we are going to prove that one WRONG as we kick ourselves in the ass for this challenge! Say hello to slimmer thighs and a tighter back end because that’s the focus for this month.

And, the MRTT Meetups, lets see how it works with rainy days. Once again, I talked to a Housing Representative and they are on board with having me host 'events' for the group. They are happy to have us reserve the family room for indoor workouts.I just have to submit info to have them approve for the meetup runs to add to the events calendar. Whoop! Whoop!!

"Don't wait to for inspiration to find you; BECOME IT!!"

8 comments:

  1. Wow this is nice. I have a blog but doesn't look half as nice as yours. I need to get to work! You got it goin' on girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah, Thanks!! I just got it a little fancy, a few days ago with the photo collage. :D Following you now.

      Delete
  2. Wow.. I love the number of programs u are following and wish you take up.. the plank / push up challenge is something of ur own or ur a part of some 'community'??
    All the best for all the runs.. today was my day 2 of the weight loss program that I am doing (have not recorded yet anything on the blog as they always fail). Keep writing and motivating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely challenging! I actaully did a plank a day challenge in September. So, now I got it combined with push ups. Go for it. I'll post my daily counts on IG: rosannarox. Good Luck on your program, can't wait to hear about it. :D

      Delete
    2. Motivated by ur post yesterday I did the plank today only for 19 seconds lol.. long long way to go but am happy. Hubby ran with me today, we did 7k, he is much faster than me, but is going to help me improve my speed this coming year so plans to run with me!

      Delete
    3. Yayyyyy!!! That's great, planks weren't always fun. I typically blast a favorite song to distract myself. And, way to go on the running!

      Delete
  3. I am 100% going to do this plank-a-day/pushup stuff! Two of THE best exercises out there, but I always push it to the side and don't do them!

    Like the above said, you're doing lots of great - and different - programs. Good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WooHOo!!! I agree, planks are killer and so much different variations to go with.

      Delete