From Weight-Loss to Running; Fitness Journey of a Busy Mama to 3

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday!

Let's see this week I'm thankful for,.......REST!!

As a military spouse with a sailor currently 2 months into a LONG deployment AND busy mama to 3 girls; mix in the DAILY duties, squeezing in workouts, and other randomness, it just doesn't happen much. Like, many other military wives, we get it when we can, we keep on keeping on.


Lately, I've been hit with sickness, it doesn't happen often. Today, I FINALLY went into to base medical along with Ailea. Turns out I have a viral infection, with fluid behind the ear and dehydration. Strange, huh? I thought I was drinking enough water, I load up in the evenings but doc said I need it MORE, especially as a notorious coffee drinker. Whoops!! So, I got a few meds to help with the congestion. This sickness had me limited, hardly any workouts, I didn't get some of the cleaning projects done so far, just the bare minimum. 

 I've RESTED as much as I can, in between the daily duties, I threw my body on the couch and stayed!! I've taken my booty to bed, EARLY, to REST. I've caught up on reading. The EARLY routine to bed for REST, even has me falling asleep EARLIER. And, although I've been RESTING, I've still felt crummy, but I'm RESTING. So, I'm thankful that I do listen to my body MORE and get REST when I need it the most. It does drive me crazy though because I'm always on the GO, GO, GO!!! My mind is always racing to this and that...and I've got a LOT on my plate. Yesterday, I did sneak in a workout & run, I felt great and took advantage. Today, is a different story, I woke up sounding horrible. I don't plan to jump into it until I am at least 100%. I have too much going on, on Saturday, we have a Disney on Ice show!! SUPER EXCITED, our first time!!! Ooookay, let me get off the PC, to get some REST during naptime. 


"Don't wait to for inspiration to find you; BECOME IT!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment