From Weight-Loss to Running; Fitness Journey of a Busy Mama to 3

Monday, October 1, 2012

Hello, October!!

Phew!! It's been a BUSY few days!! 

My girl had her FIRST Soccer Game for 2012, Saturday Morning. I am one PROUD SOCCER MAMA!! She went in there, NO FEAR! She cheered on her teammates even on the opposing team after each goal was made. And, at the end, reminded everyone, "It's not about winning, it's about having fun." She's definitely a champ in my book. We got home and held down the couch for the rest of the weekend. I got a lot of details squared away for the upcoming Fall Festival. It's a busy-fun month of events for us, apple dipping, happy {crafty} hour, pie party,.....whoohoo!!!

As we relaxed, I kept my bum knee elevated, iced and tried to remain away from the staircase but couldn't with chores and busy with girls. I also, spent some time updating the October Calendar with a few favorite "oldies" added back in. Notice, my friend, Jillian, she's back!! Today also starts the MRTT Holiday Challenge, first up is, Frightfully Fabulous Arms!! I'm adding an Arms routine to tomorrows Moms Run This Town Meetup, using the great outdoors!!



EARLY this morning, I welcomed October with a double workout BEFORE waking the girls for the day. It's WEEK 6 for Les Mills Pump!! I'm HALFWAY through the program, and with 30lbs on the bar, it was INTENSE!! Jillian had my heart pumping, she's still killer!! I kind of missed that lady. It's always a good time to go back to the routines you first started with!! I stayed away from squats and lunges, anything that would make my knee "click", still got sweaty and muscles burning; fabulous feeling!! I'll be ending the day with my fabulous BOSU Routine!! Whew!!






I also, had my physical therapy appointment, after this and that, he determined that I had Runner's Knee!! As a result, of that major downhill RUN back in August, I took on too much to the cartridge, luckily no major rehab or surgery. They did do X-RAYs just to be safe.  I've been hearing clicking from the knee since Wednesday and he said that's not a big issue, and common; still no fun hearing it. Running isn't eliminated, I do have to ease into it, Whew!! I was RELIEVED to hear that. Same thing with Spinning. I have a few different rehab exercises to do 2-3 times daily. And, need to focus on my stretching. Hello,YOGA! Back to the calendar to tweek the upcoming routines, I'm EXCITED to add a BIG piece of equipment to my gym; SO EXCITED!! 

 "Don't wait to for inspiration to find you; BECOME IT!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment