From Weight-Loss to Running; Fitness Journey of a Busy Mama to 3

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Another Mother Runner's 10 Q&A!

The gals over at Another Mother Runner, have a questionnaire going on and I'm jumping in. You can read theirs here and here.


1.  Best run ever:  In all honesty, anytime I get on in the pavement/trail, with or without my girls.  I did run 7 miles before husband left on deployment, and it was so refreshing, and on  amazing [new] route.

2.  Three words that describe my running:  Powerful, Exhilarating, Fabulous.

3.  My go-to running outfit is: Yes, I have specific running gear; moisture compression tights, champion (super supportive) sports bra, shirt or tank and then either pair of running shoes, I like to rotate. 

4.  Quirky habit while running:  Hmm...I always tend to punch in the air during a song, bop my head along with the beat, shake my shoulders up, like what!!, throw my hands on the air, like I just don't care after conquering a hill...I run and dance.

5.  Morning, midday, evening:  Anytime, when I have a husband home with our girls. Other than that, it's during the day, mostly morning.

6.  I won't run outside when it's: Since moving the the beautiful state of Washington, I've learned to run in all kinds of conditions, rain, snow, heat, cold....It's if heavily pouring, I'll head to the treadmill instead.

7.  Worst injury - and how I got over it:  This past year, I was eager and sometimes careless and in the process, injured myself a *few* times, ankle had me off the pavement for nearly 2 months last summer. It sucked. I invested in a SPIN BIKE, and it helped with my cardio, I love me some Spinning. Once, we settled into Washington, I picked up my running and I felt amazing!!



8.  I felt most like a badass mother runner when: When I run with my double jogger, that's right...Pushing all that weight and logging in miles, has me feeling like total badass mother runner.

9.  Next race is:  We have 2 Virtual Races with Moms Run This Town in October, The Cupcake Classic 2012 5k and Zensah Zombie #Anywhere5K

10.  Potential running goal for 2013: FULL MARATHON! I haven't chosen one, still waiting to hear the homecoming frame, but will start training next year. I want my husband and girls waiting at the finish line. 


"Don't wait to for inspiration to find you; BECOME IT!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment