From Weight-Loss to Running; Fitness Journey of a Busy Mama to 3

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Barking Mad About Breast Cancer Virtual 10K

Whewww!!! 

My morning started off a little something like this; Baby Girl was up before I even rolled out of bed, 6:30. She was a fussy mess, even after nursing, some loving and breakfast. So, she needed MORE sleep. I layed her down about 7:50 (she went straight to sleep), got dressed into my running gear and sped out the door. 

I was pretty excited to get out there for some BIG miles and was running for Barking Mad About Breast Cancer Virtual 10K, there's still time to sign up. $20 will get you a medal, and $15 of that will go to Susan G Komen. The BLING is on it's way. Isn't it pretty!?!


 I started off a little "slow" to feel my knee out, it didn't give me much drama but I didn't want to stress it. Took walking intervals. There's my shadow!!

I saw a few deer, caught these fella's during a walking interval. I love the outdoors. They are always hanging around on base. 

Also, RAN around the other base housing. It's BEAUTIFUL!! A little secluded, and a little view of mountains too. 

I explored the base perimeter, and I really didn't know where it would take me, just kept running, kept following trail. Ouch, the HILLS, yep, I walked those and paced myself going downhill. 

 I was a SWEATY-MESS but still enjoyed my Happy {Running} Hour!! See, I'm HAPPY!!
It was more than a Virtual 10k Race, it was SO needed, time to myself!!

I'm feeling FABULOUS after these 7 miles. 
Showered, House is now all awake.
Time to Re-fuel!!
A little cleaning before grocery shopping.

"Don't wait to for inspiration to find you; BECOME IT!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment