From Weight-Loss to Running; Fitness Journey of a Busy Mama to 3

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Run, Mama, Run

Phew!!
I'm getting in the last few miles for the Half-Marathon Virtual Run, The Bug Run. And, it was a wee bit challenging tonight. After a busy morning of MAJOR Cleaning, like living room vacuuming, inside couches, behind, under, LAUNDRY. I met up with a friend for an afternoon playdate, with a little rainfall and then dashed home to get dinner started. We headed out to the Base Track at 6, girls were a little anxious to get more outdoor play. And, to my surprise, everyone and their mama was out there too. The girls did okay for a while. Ailea ran the first lap with me, I paused the Garmin everytime she took a breather, but she kept at it; Proud Mama. Leanna was left out she wore sandals but did walk the lap with Serena. Then Mama got busy, it's like 4 laps for one mile and running the track is just as fun as running the treadmill. (sarcastically speaking) I was a little beat going in circles but I was happy to be OUTDOORS!! After the first mile, I found Leanna on my phone and she snapped the photo below, Ailea ran towards me, ready to smile. It was sweet. Can you see the exhaustion, I had to sprint toward Serena, she ran onto the track. Agh! There was so much going on at the track and flag football on the field nearby, that I was actually surprised they kept entertained with their toys and their surrounding while I finished the last mile. I went a little bit longer until I saw Serena getting annoyed with her sisters, keeping her off the track. So, it was time to head back home. The walk to/from the track was roughly a 1 mile, each way. I say I wore them out. 


2.36 Sweaty [Crazy] Miles; Got. It. Done.


"Don't wait to for inspiration to find you; BECOME IT!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment