From Weight-Loss to Running; Fitness Journey of a Busy Mama to 3

Friday, August 31, 2012

Running for Dummies: Virtual Scavenger Hunt [5k]

Yes, I'm turning into a VIRTUAL RACE JUNKIE!! 

Running for Dummies has an awesome Virtual Scavenger Hunt going on for August, Check it out!! 

I love it; a virtual 5k plus more and fabulous prizes to go with it. I'll keep y'all updated on this post, as I check off from the list!! Here's what you do:


[8.11] Virtual 5k (Run, Walk, Crawl; just do it)
I had planned to do this as an EARLY Run (to beat the coming heat), was up about 6:30, got race ready, had toast, water (wanted coffee badly but decided to wait to drink after run), clipped the bib onto my Spi Belt, put on my Sony Music Player, I love it for running because I don't have a wire annoying me!! I was just about to walk out the door, at 7:00 AM, when I heard baby girl crying. She is usually in bed for another hour and I was certain I was quiet while getting ready. So, I went to grab her and took her downstairs for some Mama time until the rest of the rest of the house woke up. I began the Gold Medal Ass Challenge; 30 Squats and then stopped at Burpee #9, when I hit Baby Girl across the head. I have no idea why she decided to get up out of her comfy spot. Aghhh!!! We have this thing where we go all silly and stick the tongue out, anything to make her happy. Even, barking, YES, barking. She gets crazy excited when she hears/sees a "puppa" and she also does her "woof, woof". Like, I said whatever makes baby girl happy. It's love.

Once, they woke up, got breakfast situated, let husband take a few extra minutes and then darted out the door at 10:00 AM. I was a little exhausted at that point, the sun was getting HOT (68* is now HOT for the little Texas Gal). I took the pavement, a little bit of a different route, with hills to challenge myself, I wanted to run past the 5k, an hour (like I had been doing for the past 2 days) but the sun was BEATING on me!! My left knee ached a tad bit at the 2 mile mark, maybe too much hills?? I felt like my foot started to get crampy too, so I eased off it when I felt it. Needless to say, Saturday is my REST DAY, yep, I take those sometimes! I'm still debating whether I should jump on the Spin Bike. Hmm....


I finished STRONG at 3.41miles in 39:06min.

[8.31] Plank Off; Last Day, Last Chance Workout. We watched Battleship and right after it was done, I got serious about the last bit of this challenge. Leanna snapped a photo while I got in position. I was hurting a little and with these little monsters, it was a challenge!! Glad, I'm starting the plank-a-day challenge. I need it!!



[8.28] Outside your comfort zone, fitness related
Today I started back the BOOTCAMP!! I had started this last April, a way for fellow military wive to get together for fitness/playdate for the kids. It was totally out of my comfort zone yet it was right with what I want to do. Instruct/Guide/Motivate/Support/ others in their fitness journey. So, I did it and it was a HIT. Our spouses returned home and I went on hiatus, so they can enjoy the one-on-one time with them. I was a little nervous to start back up b/c I felt (feel) a little out of shape especially with the injuries I've had (foot/knee), I'm not a 100% but I'm working towards it. Luckily, today there was several familiar faces, friends of mine actually, no newbies (bummer), so it was a awesome atmosphere even with a little nervousness. We didn't snap any photo's during the bootcamp. But I snapped this one while waiting for them.

[8.28] Share a picture of something you love
My favorite four, I love them. They are the reason I work so hard, setting examples, making "healthier" meals, working out to stay active, so I can keep up with them. It makes me happy, so in turn, it will make them happy. Yes, I get crabby when I dont get a workout in somedays, I need a stress reviler. Regardless of that, I still love them. 

[8.28] Attend the Virtual Party
Healthy Choice: Spinach & Strawberry Salad.
Yummmayyy, Super Easy to Make
  • Fresh Spinach
  • Sliced Strawberries
  • Almonds (or a Nut mix: sesame seeds, raisins, cashews)
  • Balsamic Vinaigrette (I used the spray bottle with a few squirts)
  • Just mix all the ingredients together and there you have it!

Dangerously Delicious Choice:
I'll bring my Margaritaville Machine, everyone loves Margarita's, right?
And, what goes perfect with Margarita's, CHIPS & HOMEMADE SALSA!!
  • Can of Rotel
  • Can of Diced Tomatoes
  • Handful of Fresh Cilantro
  • Few sprinkles of Garlic Powder
  • Put all ingredients into blender to blend; EASY!!


"Don't wait to for inspiration to find you; BECOME IT!!"

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! great job! Do you have a FB fan page? I've shared this on my FB fan page and i'd like to tag you in it if you have a page over on FB too. Let me know!! P.s. baby girl is super cute and awesome job with those burpees!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lea!! No FB Page just the blog. Sunday is my catch up to get moving on the planks/out of comfort zone. Eekkss!!

      Delete